How to Tango
6 sessions course.
Saturdays August 11, 18, 25 and September 8, 15 and 22.
At 8 pm.
$110 for the whole series. Purchase it online.
$19 each class DROP-IN. Purchase it online.
- Class 1: Walking and posture. Single and double time walk. History of Tango music.
- Class 2: Forward and backward ochos. The “Era of Sextets”.
- Class 3: Parallel, crossed system and sides, walk and sacadas en crossed system, changes of direction, turns and boleos. Orquestas Típicas of the Golden Era.
- Class 4: Parallel, crossed system and sides, walk and sacadas en crossed system, changes of direction, boleos, turns and other circular movements.
- Class 5: Other Tango rhythms: Vals and milonga.
- Class 6: Social aspects of Tango: the Milonga.
I was born in Argentina. Through my family and the community that saw my upbringing, I have been intimately involved with Tango all my life, and have been an Argentine Tango dancer, choreographer and instructor for over 30 years. I profoundly love Tango dancing, music, and culture, particularly that of the Golden Era. I am a milonguero.